Thursday, September 3, 2009

Its Been A LONG Day

I started the day thinking that it wasn't going to be bad. All of my classes had been canceled due to the American Political Science Conference being today. (Its being held in Toronto... does anyone else find this ironic?) I had to run up to campus to check on a few things and ended up getting my computer's RAM updated I went from 512K to 2 gigs! Its like having a new computer!

Grace and I had lunch with dad at McDonalds. Grace had a chicken nuggets Happy Meal while dad and I had a delicious salad. After lunch Grace and I headed out to Quality Auto sales to get Ricky's oil changed. (Ricky is my 99 silver VW Passat -my best friend's car's name is Lucy-) That took an HOUR and a HALF!! I was NOT a happy camper it should have taken 20 minutes but apparently since I was not a friend of the owner and did not know every that worked there my car was not a priority, it was also NAP time but Grace was NOT interested in sitting still on the couch she was ALL over the place. When my oil was finally changed the mechanic advised me to get new tired immediately, well he actually wanted to put my spare on to make him feel better but I told him not to bother because our next stop was the tire store. We did in fact visit the tire store, got two new tires and I can't tell you what a huge difference that has made! Grace wandered the tire store while I got quotes on windshields... I have decided that I loathe taking care of my car.

We finally got home just after 4:30 Grace zonked and I did too. We were up and around by six and then were off for more errands. We didn't get home till quarter to ten. We showered had a fight about going to bed ( I won this battle but the war is on going) I changed the laundry over picked up the front room and annihilated the duplicates in my iPhoto library. Now I am heading to bed.

1 comment:

Sage and Kelly said...

I HATE taking car of my car too. Rhonda is ALWAYS filthy and I usually wait about an extra 3,000 miles to get my oil changed. (Rhonda is my ford focus).