Friday, August 28, 2009

Where Does The Time Go

Miss Grace is growing up so fast. I don't know how this has happened! I am not going to say like it seems like just yesterday I brought her home because that seems so long ago so much has happened in our lives since that day almost 19 months ago but I am going to say that I don't know how I made it through twenty three years without her.

She amazes me every single day. We have recently figured out that her curls are now long enough to stretch back into a pony tail. This is in my humble opinion a major mile stone. Poor Grace will probably be sporting a pony tail from now on.

She is so good at holding relatively still while I do do her hair, she does however like to reach up and "help" me with it but if I give her something to keep her hands occupied she's usually pretty good. I even sing to her while doing her hair like my mom did for me, in fact on the rare occasion that my mom is doing something to my hair i.e. braiding it, she will sing "Chin up" from the old animated Charlotte's Web and that's exactly what I sing to Grace and she loves it!

I don't know when my baby turned into a little girl but she's not so small anymore. She's going to nursery and she started going to a babysitter on Tuesdays and Thursdays while I'm in class and she helps me watch the babysitter's daughter on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. She's saying more words now too. The other night after our shower while I was drying her off and getting her jammies on I was telling she was a pretty girl, she repeated pretty 4 times and once she was ready for bed she stood up on the changing table, put a hand on either side of my face, looked at me and said, "Pretty Mommy." That's pretty much the high point of my week.

1 comment:

Kyle and EvaLyn said...

That is a great picture of the both of you :)