Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Like a Weed

Well Grace is 19 months and 12 days old today... Yes, we went to the doctor today so their fancy computer told me how old she is... because we all know I do not keep track of such things. They asked me when her birthday was and I had to pause for a moment to think, I instantly could rattle off my own but I actually had to stop and think about when her's was.

When welcomed Grace into the world she was 5 pounds 12 ounces and 18 inches long. She was in the 2% for weight and 3% for height. She was so tiny her skin looked like it was 10 sizes too big! Her fingers were so long and slender and she was just so petite with perfect features. I remember watching all the relatives with her, being especially careful because she was so tiny.

Well, a mere 19 months later Grace is 30 pounds and 35.5 inches tall! That's nearly 3 FEET!!! She is in the 96% for weight and 99% for height. Her well baby/child check was today and Dr. Firth told us that she is as big as most 28 month olds! ("No need to worry she is very nicely proportioned," he added quickly.) She passed her check up with flying colors and she even survived getting 6 SHOTS 5 vaccines and the dreaded flu shot ~Anna and I got them too!~ She had big tears but as soon as they pulled out the suckers she was fine again.

Looks like my tiny girl isn't so tiny anymore is she?

No comments: