Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Morning Waffles

Waffles


Is there really any better way to start your Sunday than with fresh hot off the iron big fat waffles? - Besides not having to make them or clean them up yourself? - I didn't think so! I have had this recipe since I got my waffle maker, it came with it and then I dropped it behind my refridgerator and was unable to retrieve it. While trolling various recipe websites today I found it! I was so excited that I made them. Nate and I used to make these every Sunday. I think we may have to start doing that again.

  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups milk

Preheat the waffle iron. Sift the dry indredients into a medium sized bowl. Separate the eggs, putting the egg whites in smaller bowl. Beat the egg whites until they are stiff.Add the egg yolks, oil and milk all at one time to the dry indredients.

Beat until there are no lumps in the batter. Fold the egg whites into the other batter using a spatula or other flat utinsel. Put a full 1/2 cup of batter in your waffle iron to make a 9-inch round waffle.


No comments: