Saturday, May 23, 2009

Epiphanies!

I have been working in my pathetic little garden a lot the last few weeks hoping and praying that something will pop up and or survive. My turnips and radishes have BOTH popped up but my carrots remain yet to be seen. I thought carrots were like weeds they were supposed to grown anywhere? I also planted, eggplant, squish (zucchini), tomatoes, peppers, and a watermelon. (These were all starts, either that I had started or bought.)

Anyway the garden is in fact growing and I do tend to get all muddy and gross, as does Grace because she likes to "help" me water the plants. When not in the garden Grace and I wander around the neighborhood, generally in our sandals sometimes, sans shoes. Since Grace is still getting used to the whole concept of walking she prefers to do it barefoot and I tend to agree. I am so grateful that the warmer temperatures have returned and we can wander around without our shoes again. Grace LOVES walking around barefoot but it is definitally time for both of us to get a pedicure.

However the garden is not what I set out to write about what I meant to write about was how my bathtub seems to be getting grungier by the day. I have spent many a hours on my hands and knees with my every faithful green scrubby and or magic eraser to help get rid of the grunge. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the bathtub was getting so dirty so fast. Then it occurred to me whilst hosing Grace down from a romp in the garden. Our dirty feet! I know it does not seem like a major discovery but as I said at the begining its been a long week and figuring out what was making the bathtub so dirty has made me so happy!

2 comments:

Sage and Kelly said...

Oh man, I can't wait to have a garden!!! I'm thinking of making a mini-garden on my patio in some pots, haha.

Love Cami. said...

Im super jealous of your garden... our house is tall and has no yard.. someday.. im sure you'll be amazing at it just like your grandma!

AND the whole bathtub thing.... the exact thing happened to me! I was getting so frustrated with how often i was having to clean it and then realized it was because i started wearing flip flops and my feet were dirty! Weird but i totally understand!