Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Great Grandpa Woods

Look at these hands!

These are hands that have been through a lot in the last few years. Electrocution, then slicing through the palm and wrists, skin graphs and physical therapy and now here they are holding two little handsThis is Ben Crosby Woods.
Great-Grandpa to these two goofy kids.
Grandpa to me.
I adore this man. He has always been somebody that I have looked up to and admired. When I was little he would pull me up into his arms and sing to me. "I'll be down to pick you up in a dump truck honey!" He would also take my hands and rub them up and down the whiskers on his face. {he did both of these things last time I saw him and I of course laughed and laughed} He always smells like the stuff he puts in his hair, "Groom and Clean" and sometimes Eternity for Men. He loves my Granny so much and adores his children whether they are his by flesh or marriage. He is one of the hardest workers I know. He loves his family and is one of the greatest men in the world. I love my Grandpa and want him to know how grateful I am for all he does for this family. He's a good man and I hope I can find someone like him one day.
I Love You
Grumpy.
<3
Ommilly

2 comments:

Sage and Kelly said...

these pictures melt my heart.

Karyn said...

I LOVE those pics! Where did you take them?? Sounds like an amazing man =)