Friday, April 3, 2009

Like It, LOVE IT!

Like it:
Defying Gravity cover 
The much anticipated Keith Urban Cd came out on Tuesday. I have only listened to it all the way through twice but its pretty good. Its much lighter and brighter than his last release, Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing. Defying Gravity has Sweet Thing which is a GREAT song and Kiss a Girl which is also pretty fun. None of the other songs have really caught hold of me quite yet but I'm sure over time I will enjoy them more and more. One thing about this CD its one that is just a good and happy. 
LOVE IT!!!!
Carolina 
Now this CD, I have been eagerly anticipating since  May '07 which is when I was privileged to get to see this inspired singer-songwriter perform in Ogden.  Carolina- his follow up to his debut of Sinners Like Me - which if you don't own I would suggest you run out and get a copy of it or mosey on over to iTunes and download it. Its AMAZING, and Carolina the new CD is just a solid as the first.  There is not a song on the album that I don't enjoy.  The masterful stylings of Eric Church are straight from the heart. From the title track of Carolina- about his home state, or  Without you Here which is probably my favorite song on the album
  Without you here- Without you here everything's in black and white / Without you here I'm upside down / Without you here honey I'm a melody/ Living in a world that can't hear sound
and the closing song has one of my favorite lines he has ever written because its how I feel about music and songs, almost every moment of my life I remember a song that goes with it :
  For me it's always been about these songs / You see they're  my best friends / They're the life I live / And I hope they've put a smile on the face / Of those I've loved along the way

No comments: