Friday, February 13, 2009

Birthday Week!

Grace turned The Big O-N-E on Tueday. I can't hardly believe that she's already a year old. It seems like I was puking my guts out only yesterday... (that could be because I was, Grace and I have had a nasty bout with the flu but I think we are just about over it)



We went out to my parents house for Cake. Grace was not really quite sure how the whole blowing out the candles thing worked but she found another way to put it out With her hand! I don't think it was the flame that hurt her but the hot wax.


She was NOT happy about it but she LOVED the icing on the cake!


Grace and I made it! We are in Arizona. Its incredibly beautiful down here and I LOVE getting to spend time with all the extended family down here. Its always nice to know I have a home away from home.



Grace did incredibly well during the super LONG car ride. We drove from Logan to Mesquite, NV the first day and from Mesquite to Phoenix the next. We had to stop in St. George to get out and stretch our legs it was just time. So we stopped at the St. George temple and took pictures.

We stopped and stayed in Mequite, Nevada and Grace LOVED jumping on the bed!


The Mesquite to Phoenix drive seemed MINDNUMBINGLY long. Construction through Vegas (which is a city i despise!!) and past Hoover Dam was INSANE!!! We arrived in Phoenix JUST in time for TRAFFIC. I loathe driving in from Vegas I ALWAYS get lost!

Grace and I have had a blast we did Lunch with Morgan and Ashlee. Nate joined us while we were there and after we took the girls home we headed to the Superstitions Farmsers Market... they had pint size clamshells of the sweetest blackberries I have EVER tasted for 79 cents!!! I bought four but I think I will need to go back for more they are divine! After the market we went and visited with Nate's mom and got to meet Grace's new cousin Joshua... he is so tiny compared to Grace (not when she was that age because he's got about three pounds on her but now) and she was fascinated to see a REAL baby!

Grace and I headed back to the Woods, I made Gumbo and spent the rest of the evening with the Grandparents. Its been wonderful.

No comments: